1 29 2022 (edits 2 8 2022)
Joe (famous architect),
Thank you for engaging me in this two week trial period with (firm name redacted).
Here are my observations after this experience.
- I have approaching zero interest in the dynamic of the (app name redacted) prospecting.
- In negotiations, (your) appearing somewhat desperate to potential, and some current clients, is not helpful.
- My availability, although somewhat flexible is not 24 hrs, 7 days.
- I would suggest perhaps a regional approach, with me handling West half of US potentials and you handling East half.
- I have no interest in torturing and then firing a series of remote staff.
- I do however respect you and would like to continue to work together if possible.
- I hope this is helpful information. I don’t mean it in any derogatory way.
“Here, (client name redacted)—you pay this asshole*. In architecture, we have a rule called “pay when paid”.
I’m a licensed architect, he’s an interior designer. A bad one.
Pay out SDs to him, not me.” – Joe (famous architect, firm name redacted)* Editor’s note: He means me.
By the way, I am not an interior designer, I’m a residential designer…